Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections On Week 1

1. Access to the internet will be a problem for me on weekends. I live with my mom on the weekend and we don't have wifi or cell service. However, she is willing to drive a little so we can use a nearby coffee house as a source for wifi.

2. The best learning experienced that has changed me happened in second grade. I know what you're thinking, you were so young how could that be the best? Well second grade was where I learned how to be the best I could be. I had a very enthusiastic teacher who truly believed in me. I would complain about not being student of the month and she would always say that I needed to work for it and prove to her that I deserved it. One day after school she asked me to stay behind and talk to her. I thought I was in trouble and immediately started crying. She had me look in a mirror and watch myself cry. She didn't say anything, just let me cry. She let my imagination run wild while I sat in front her crying. Eventually she asked why I was crying and when I told her I thought I did something wrong she replied with "Don't doubt the good you can do." I didn't understand what she meant, and she had to explain that I do good things and I shouldn't think I don't. She taught me something that day. She taught me to believe in myself and the good I could do. She told me I was a good student and that if I pushed myself hard enough, I could do and be whatever I wanted. I have carried her words with me since then and I don't think I will ever forget the feeling of knowing she believed in me. I understand her now more than I did back then. I have realized now that I learn to do things better when teachers believe I can do it. If a teacher doesn't believe in me, I don't believe in myself either.

3. I am excited to blog and be able to communicate with classmates about the work assigned outside of class. I am most concerned with falling behind due to not always having access to wifi or cell service.

No comments:

Post a Comment